Recurring tasks are not repeating

Copper Contributor

I have a lot of recurring tasks that were repeating daily, weekly, monthly. When my iphone app starts to crash, I know it's because there are too many completed tasks in memory. Those don't interest me anymore so one morning I have just deleted all completed tasks and left there only the tasks needed for that "today". They all had the arrows that showed they were recurring.

Now my app doesn't crash anymore. But when I check a task as completed, it does not create a new task for tomorrow. It remains with due date yesterday. 

I tried to recreate the tasks as repeating tasks. It still doesn't repeat them at all. I tried to choose the "skip to current day" thing, thinking it will fix the issue. No. I created a new task, to test, a new task as a repeating daily task. It doesn't have anything to do with the deleted completed tasks. It doesn't repeat... 

What is the fix? This is really frustrating, I have spent a lot of time these last days on this and to no success. 

1 Reply
I saw that my desktop APP remained at the state before deleting the completed tasks, no matter how much I tried to sync.
So I temporarily fixed this issue by deleting the iphone app, and installing it again. It then synced with the desktop app.
Good thing: they are repeating.
Bad thing: I have again all the completed tasks in the app, from the last years, so it keeps crashing...

If you have an idea how could I delete the completed tasks and still have repeating tasks or at least be able to create new repeating tasks, please tell me.