Yealink MP56 Microsoft Teams Certified handsets do not sync Outlook contacts

Brass Contributor

We've deployed a number of Yealink MP56 headsets and cannot get Outlook contacts to sync.  We've attempted just about everything to force a sync, but it appears as though the handsets only display contacts in the Speed Dial list from the desktop client.  Has anyone come across a fix for this, or is it just a Teams bug? Microsoft Teams desktop client syncs great, however, those contacts don't sync on the handset.

21 Replies
We're now running into issues with the phones falling 'offline' in TAC and users can't receive or make calls. Rebooting doesn't help. If we logout, which seems to be the only way to get things 'moving', the phone ten starts an infinite loop where it can't really bring up the company portal. We have to power it off, plug it in to power bring (i.e. power only, no network), then it times out trying to bring up the portal, we then connect to WiFi, and then login using https://microsoft.com/devocielogin. This gets the device working again and it is no longer 'offline' in TAC at that point. We're getting more and more of these failures. Anyone else seeing this?
I know this was only a sidenote on the main post issue, but I wanted to note that I was experiencing this issue with one of the phones on our site and replacing the handset (not the full phone, just the actual handset they pick up, was the solution. For some reason the phone was not detecting when it was picked up or hung up, but with a different one it did.