Why does "Virtual Appointment" force me to give both Email and Phone?? Why cannot one suffice?

Copper Contributor

Upgraded to Teams Premium (or whatever it's called). First time I tried to make an appointment - it said, "Looks like you are making an appointmentwith a person outside your organization= - why don't you try the Virtual Appointment app" -- So I did.  It was a frustrating experience. I don't have the phone number for the people I want to start the meeting with.  Nor do I want to create followup chats or other things. 

Why do I HAVE to have BOTH an email and a phone? That feels invasive and overly rigid.

I just want to make meetings with people.  I love the idea of people being able to make an appointment with me --- but why force more personal information being collected than is absolutely necessary?

1 Reply

Hi @GraphBuilder 

This is the inbuild feature of the Microsoft Virtual appointments. I would recommend testing with Microsoft Booking as it allows you to customize the settings of what information is collected.

You can consider providing feedback on Microsoft Feedback Portal (Microsoft Teams · Community) to Microsoft about this issue (request), or you can send a feedback directly from Microsoft Teams by clicking on ... > Help > Give Feedback.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

With Regards,

Satish Upadhyaya