Voicemail - "This feature is not currently available"

Steel Contributor

Getting reports from users, and I have confirmed the same in my own tenant (all Teams-Only). PSTN calls are not going to voicemail when unanswered, as they are setup to do, but instead they're getting the message,

"This feature is not currently available".

I see in the Office health center that there is a service degradation incident LY204372 but it doesn't specifically mention this behavior. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I am also at this time unable to pull session diagnostics via the admin center Users-->Call History-->Session interface. The browser just spins...without returning results.

31 Replies

@ph_ly okay well this is interesting.

Is it worthwhile us mentioning another issue we had with Teams call queues last Thursday 20th Feb perhaps....? Here's a breakdown of the issue:

Issue started: (approx.) 1.30pm AEST (we are based in Sydney)

Issue resolved: approx. 3.45pm AEST

Fix: Unknown

Summary of issue: From approx 1:30pm AEST The Teams queue attendants are unable to answer any calls, when they answer the experience is:

Main issues:

1. Customer rings: they hear a dial done, and the welcome message. Then the wait music.
  2. Call attendant: Sees and answers the call. Call looks like it connected but there is no sound, dead end on the other line.
  3. Customer: They continue to hear the music on hold.
  4. Call Attendant: If they hang up, sometimes the call reappears and they try to answer again but it's a dead line.
  5. Customer: They continually hear hold music, until they are sent to voicemail.
  6. Call Attendant: Received the missed call and voicemail message

Other issues of note:

• Around 3.40pm a new issue started to appear for the call queues: Call Attendant would make an outgoing call and the line was dead. The customer cannot hear them.
  • Strangely, somehow we got a call to the attendant this way: From a mobile number, we called the queue attendant's phone number directly avoiding the queue. (We'd tried prior to dial from the main call number to the queue and it didn't work). We got through OK and the attendant was able to speak to the caller. Then we used the same mobile number to call the queue from the public line in to the call queue - it worked! We tried from a different mobile number, but it presented with the same issue hearing the hold music until they were forced to leave a voicemail.

Resolution:

The problem just resolved of its own accord. I've logged a Microsoft ticket to investigate the reason for this issue, still ongoing. Ticket: 18802669

@Bob Manjoney I had emailed Microsoft to close the ticket as it was resolved (prior to our comments just earlier today).

Anyway, I just received a quick call back from Microsoft asking me "So the issue is resolved, can we ask what you did to fix it???" Much to their dismay I explained the issue was different - and also not resolved. They were willing and very keen to close the ticket then and there, but I persisted and we're continuing the call.

They've taken their screen shots of settings everywhere as usual and I've removed my mobile number from my O365 account and they've asked me to wait 24-48hrs before trying again to call from my mobile to my work number.

@Jessica Wong @Casey Vanderville I was just contacted by MS technical support:

"In connection with the case, could you please check and confirm whether still you are experiencing the issue or it has been resolved? As there was the same issue with other partner and the it has been resolved. So could you please check and provide me an update on it."

I checked, and the issue is still not resolved for me.

We have this same problem. we are hybrid, just moved our call groups and auto-attendants to teams. We have 1-6... interesting thing is it is consistent where two people will be in the call group. both ring, one person can answer the call, the other no matter what we do experiences what you listed.

@Matt Palmer that's no good. Glad you replied. I have something for you.

Capture logs ASAP on the users affected. (Unfortunately, I only received this after the fact, so we can't find the root cause without these logs, Microsoft say.  Without the logs, Microsoft are sure it was a network fault, but I have my doubts.)

Collect two logs, open a ticket and send to Microsoft if you can. 

Logs from Teams:

"Moreover, I am sharing steps with you so that in future if you face the same problem,you can share the logs with us as soon as possible to analyze. 

Debug logs:

1) Press Ctrl + Alt + Shift + 1 on the keyboard.

2) The debug logs are automatically downloaded to the following folders.

Desktop Logs:

1. Right-click the Microsoft Teams icon in your application tray, select Get Logs"

Logs from Netmon:

"Netmon logs help us to check if the problem was due to network issue or it is some other problem after analyzing the logs during the issue that you encounter.

The steps mentioned below to collect Netmon Logs:

1. Download and install Network Monitor 3.4 from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=4865

2.Open the Microsoft Network Monitor 3.4 and then click on "New capture" option.

3.Re-pro the issue by signing in with any of your Office 365 application and then sign out.

4.Click on "Pause" tab.

5.Click on "Save as " tab and save the captured file on your desktop.

6.Share the Captured logs with us as an attachment.

Note: Before Sharing the file please try top open it on your device to check if it has the captured logs."

If you don't mind, if you do end up logging a ticket, please share it here, and please share the cause/fix if you can, so we know more next time it happens to us.

Cheers

Jess

@Bob Manjoney - sorry to overtake your thread a little with this other issue. I believe the two might be related, however, happy to log a new issue specifically for this one. Thoughts?

Just to add that I seem to have the issue exactly as described by @Jessica Wong :

@Jessica Wong wrote:

@ph_ly - Update for you: we have just done more testing and found the issue only occurs for one user (myself!), specifically when this user calls their own work number from their mobile account.

The issue for us was: If I call from my personal mobile number to my work number, it rings fine, but then the voicemail does not work and i receive the same "This feature is not currently available"  message. However, if anyone else rings my work number it goes to voicemail fine both internally and from external PSTN line.

Hi @Bob Manjoney , I'm experiencing the same on some/not all of our teams calling users. 

i.e. "This feature is not currently available". 

Logging with MS now.

@Iain_Smith - I removed the same mobile number from the o365 account i was ringing from the same mobile phone - I initially waited 24 and then also 48 hours and it didn't fix it. It's now been over a week and I've just tested again and I can now get through to my o365 voicemail in Teams from my mobile number. Ironically, it says it's a missed call from my Admin o365 account, so in my scenario it seems two o365 accounts had the same mobile number on record, and I've just deleted my mobile number from my Admin account also, and I can't be sure how it even got there, it's my personal number. So to summarise: I'm still not sure if this is all related, or just a coincidence, and the issue is now gone anyway.

@Jessica Wong   Hello Jessica....I've been following this as I noticed recently when doing some testing....just had a friend test calling me from their cell and all is good....a mystery indeed but as long as I know there are no voice mail issues for my client all is good!  I'm not going to bother about it still not working with my cell to my own Teams number/voice mail.  I shutdown their PBX a few weeks ago and they are now using PSTN voice in Teams - so far so good! :smile: Thanks for sharing - now I know that I'm not going crazy!  :lol:  Cheers!

@Bob Manjoney  I am having the same issue with users in my tenant as well.  Been working with Microsoft for over a week now and getting nowhere.  

@Bob Manjoney I wanted to give you and everyone else on here an update.  After a couple of weeks of back and forth with MS I have gone ahead and closed our ticket.  Voicemail is working for us from all call paths we can think of testing, except calling from the number listed in Office 365 as the mobile number of the account being dialed.

MS wanted me to remove the mobile numbers to test, but since our company policy requires us to list our mobile number in our contact this isn't a real option.

As this is the only issue that is persisting for us, I have opted to close the ticket and move on.  It is an annoyance but not a critical bug for us.