SOLVED

Unable to switch to guest organization

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I just started working with a customer that uses Microsoft Teams and was invited to join their team. I can see the team of the customer, but for some reason I am unable to switch to it. When trying to do so I get thrown out with the message that I don't have access to this org. Below you can see screenshots of this. I believe something is wrong with my account, as the customer tried remove and re-add me, and it still doesn't work. Can you help me out by checking my account status?can_see_org_but_not_access.pngnoacess.png

29 Replies

I'm having the same problem. And spend the last 8 hours, reinstalling, upgrading, clearing caches, trying different webbrowsers, asking the customer to add/remove users to resend invitations, ...

If this problem isn't solved with 48 hours, I'll move all the services of my customer from Microsoft to AWS.

I'm sick and tired of this low quality support.

And by the way, I called your helpdesk twice, and nobody bothered to even pick up the phone.

There's not even an e-mail address listed where I can send my questions.

It's not my bug, it's your bug.

I'm not going to fix it. You fix it!

If I fix it, then you pay me !

@deepz361 The fix is to ask the client or other party to get the Guest account deleted from their AAD. The catch is: the account should be completely deleted. There is a kind of a trash bin. Delete from there so it cannot simply be restored.

Same for me. Doesn't work and its quite critical for me to access.. 
It litterally worked yesterday and now I spend all day trying to loose this. 

I am in three acounts, my main and two guest. Does Teams got a support? and why is it so incredible hard to find? 

Fast tenant switching is weird for us right now. Works fine on one account, not the other (web only). Both are guest members of the same team.

Yep - same for me. My team members can access the "external channel" from their accounts, I cannot.

Spend 10 hours trying to login, out, delete, add again and everything I can think of. At some point it worked in the browser, not the "app". now both are broken. 

I cannot figure out how to get Teams to deal with this... Its really a pain and clients don't understand why something this simple doesn't work. 

Strangely clearing the Teams cache fixed it for both the web and client version. Can't explain it why it would fix it for web, but it did. Maybe give that a try if you haven't already.
Amazing! thanks Dave. Works for me now!

@alexsod This is beyond ridiculous. I have tried everything I have seen online to no avail. It is definitely something on the microsoft side. It doesn't work for incognito browser or desktop client. I have cleared all cache, uninstalled and reinstalled with nothing working. The worst part is I can switch just find on my mobile app. This is a serious problem and ridiculous it has been happening this long. 

It took 24 hours nearly on the dot for a guest user experiencing this issue for our tenant to show up in their list.

We had deleted the user, the account was removed from the user recycle bin. After about 2-ish months we re-invited the guest.

I have two macs sitting side by side using O365 trying to log into teams as a guest using the Teams MacOS app. One works, the other doesn't. We've done all the recommended "things" including clearing cache, deleting the teams folder, deleting the keychain, etc. Sometimes it has worked in the past, asked us for a code that it has emailed, and let us in. But today, it no longer works and the Guest org has disappeared from the right-hand pulldown.  After some time it might reappear, but it will no longer authenticate.

Why can't MS get this right? EVERYONE who is an outside contractor complains about MS Teams because of issues like this. One job to do MS! so far, it's a big #FAIL!