Trouble connecting on Teams meeting

Copper Contributor

I have been having a lot of difficult connecting to teams meetings. When I click on the links to join meetings, I am sent to a screen saying someone will let me into the meeting, but the meeting hosts tell me that when that happens, they never see me trying to join on their side. When I finally get into a meeting, I have no microphone or camera and it takes several minutes for these features to become available. At this point, Teams is almost unusable for me in a professional setting, which is all I use it for. Please help me figure out how to make Teams function reliably. 

1 Reply

Hi @mverdone,

To help make Teams to work without issues for you, please try the following troubleshooting options:

1. Check your internet connection: make sure you have a stable and good internet connection. Unstable or slow internet can cause connectivity issues with Teams. Try rebooting your router or try to use teams connecting to a different network (if it is possible for you).

2.  If you're using the Teams web app, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, and then attempt to join the meeting again.

View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Support

3. Use the Teams app: Consider downloading and using the Teams desktop app if you are using Teams on the web.

Microsoft Teams-App für den Desktop und für Mobilgeräte herunterladen|Microsoft Teams

4. If you are using Microsoft Teams Desktop App then update Teams: updates often include bug fixes and performance improvements that can resolve issues.

Update Microsoft Teams - Microsoft Support

5. Make sure Teams has the necessary permissions to access your microphone and camera. Check your device's settings and grant Teams permission to use the microphone and camera.

Request device permissions for your Microsoft Teams app - Teams | Microsoft Learn

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
    This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic