SOLVED

Together mode and large gallery functionalities in Teams

Copper Contributor

Hi, 

Need some advises here.

1. Do the user need to turn on the check box below for seeing together mode and large gallery buttons? Is there a way to make it automatically?
  2. İs there any requirement to organize a meeting for enabling these functionaries such as minimal 9 participants to activate since it's 3x3 grid? also for together mode.

thanks 

Ricky Su

27 Replies

As soon as I posted my original content I found this: Large gallery view lets you see up to 49 video streams at once. This view is available when there are 10 or more attendees who are sharing video.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams-blog/new-meeting-and-calling-experience-in-mi...

@Ricky_Su 

I am also facing the same issue even if there is more than 10 people the Large gallery preview is grayed out , I asked all the participants to open their videos then the option became visible and even after they turned it off the option is visible and stayed there .

I have tried turning the new meeting experiences on and it does show large gallery option. But the option is disable and am unable to click on it. Please help me out.

@Linus Cansby 
Is it 4 including me or 4 excluding me?

So may answers but still - I can't see the large gallery. 32 attendees, feature is available and enabled, but the option is greyed out!??

AndrePKI_0-1606388495026.png

(Pardon my Dutch version)
In this meeting (at the bottom) it shows 32

AndrePKI_2-1606388561244.png

But still greyed out:

AndrePKI_3-1606388591248.png

Isn't it something a Teams administrator should enable in the tenant as well?

Otherwise - why can't we use large gallery view?

@Linus Cansby 

With 12 people all with cameras on we can't get large grid to work at our school. Any ideas? 

@Daniele Harford-Fox Should work if all of you have activated your camera, could be some temporary error in your tenant too, or have you never been able to activate it? Is it the same for all users in the meeting?

@PeteO655 my large gallery is only 3x3, how to change it to 7x7?