Teams presence showing "in a call" when not

Copper Contributor

I have a strange issue where Teams shows that I am "In a call" when I'm not. I've tried the "clear the Teams cache" suggestion, but that didn't make a difference. The presence is the same whether I'm on web Teams or desktop Teams. When I hover over my name in the chat window it shows "In a call - Free until 4:30 PM"

When I use the "Reset Status" option, it eventually goes back to "In a call".

I'm wondering if this is because I have full access (delegated permission) on conference room resources where there are meetings at that time. Could this possibly be the reason I am being shown as "In a call" even though my calendar is free at that time?

8 Replies
Hello,
Did you try the "Reset Status" option?

Thank you for your response. Yes, I have tried the "Reset Status" option. It eventually resets back to "In a call".

"In a meeting" is an Outlook calendar state and "In a call" is a Teams app state, so this is coming from Teams
Are you sure you aren't logged in to another endpoint?
Thanks for continuing to assist. The only other endpoint I have Teams on is my mobile device. I am logged in, per se, but not in a Teams meeting on it. I have restarted and even shut it down for an extended period of time to see if it was affecting presence, but it didn't make any difference.
Do you remember when this started to happen? any special thing?
It seems to coincide to when I gave myself full access to our conference room resources (to allow me to see who had rooms reserved). But, I'm not 100% sure that's when it started. It was definitely around that time that I noticed it. But, I removed access for a couple of hours to see if that resolved it, but it didn't.
Did you manage to get it fixed @DougAtBHB?
We had Microsoft support assist with this and they got it fixed temporarily. It worked for a couple of weeks and then the problem came back this week.