Teams Emergency Civic Address with Suite Numbers

Steel Contributor

Does anybody have a good method of defining emergency civic addresses that should include a suite number as well?  One option I can see is define it as a location under a civic address, however, that means you cannot define any sub-locations such as room, floor, or internal building details that may be relevant to the routing of emergency responders, for example:

Room 200

123 Contoso St, Suite 450

Madeup City, NV 12345

The first line should be the location, the last 2 should be the civic address. I cannot identify any way to define it.  If you define it as a location, it ends up looking like:

Suite 450

123 Contoso St

Madeup City, NV, 12345

If I wanted to add a room number, I'd have to define all the locations to include that suite number, so something like:

Suite 450 - Room 200

123 Contoso St

Madeup City, NV, 12345

Anybody know of a way to define or a better way of defining the sub locations? I noticed the "description" from the port, wireless, or switches, do not get included, so for the location to include the room, it has to be defined as the Location.

3 Replies

@jangliss Why not try contacting your local e911/police/fire and see what their recommendations are. After all, they are the ones who will need it. 

@jangliss 

Define it as a place within the validated emergency location. Microsoft suggest the Suite to be here in the description

Emer.JPG

Hope that answers your question

Best, Chris

@Christopher Hoard 

Thanks, I thought I'd covered that in my question.  From that location of a suite, you cannot define sub-locations such as room numbers or building identifiers inside that suite.  The only way I can think of doing that is to use "Suite 500 - Room 7" or "Suite 500 - Conf Room B", which for multiple suites and lots of rooms, makes for an awful user experience, it also doesn't line up with how location information is specified for anything we, as humans, use for routing or how it's specific in any addressing information used.