SOLVED

Teams and Skype for Business - can't initiate chat from S4B side

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I noticed that I can only initiate chat sessions from Teams to Skype for Business accounts but not vice versa. If the chat is initiated from Teams, the chat partner from S4B receives the message and can answer. But if the conversation is closed on the S4K client and the S4K user tries to contact the same Teams user again, the chat message does not get transported.

Is this a general problem or can this be fixed somehow?

Reiner

2 Replies
best response confirmed by reibuehl (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi,

Ideally, you want to have users and users of partner organisations to be Teams Only which can be set in the Teams Admin Centre or by PowerShell. These type of issues crop up when organisations are still in Islands mode and there are several other threads here on Tech Community. Making the change, it can take up to 24 hours to propagate but doing this should resolve it and if there isn’t a reason for users to be on SfB to get them over to Teams as soon as possible. If the partner organisation needs to stay on SfB then it is advisable to get out of Islands into SfB whilst you change to Teams only.

Hope that answers your question!

Best, Chris

Thanks for the reply Chris,

the 24 hour propagation period might be the issue here. The report is from a new Teams user. I will check that. 

Thanks!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by reibuehl (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi,

Ideally, you want to have users and users of partner organisations to be Teams Only which can be set in the Teams Admin Centre or by PowerShell. These type of issues crop up when organisations are still in Islands mode and there are several other threads here on Tech Community. Making the change, it can take up to 24 hours to propagate but doing this should resolve it and if there isn’t a reason for users to be on SfB to get them over to Teams as soon as possible. If the partner organisation needs to stay on SfB then it is advisable to get out of Islands into SfB whilst you change to Teams only.

Hope that answers your question!

Best, Chris

View solution in original post