SOLVED

New Teams opens up randomly when using Office apps (Word, Excel, ...)

Iron Contributor

Hi All,

we are experiencing a weird bug since the last Office update: when you open Word or Excel, the new Teams windows pops us on top of everything in your desktop and you have to minimize if you want to continue.

This is totally random but we are seeing it happening in several machines already.

What could it be?

Thanks,

Christian

7 Replies

Hi

We have the same problem in our company. So far I can't find a solution, just to temporarily revert to the Classic version of Teams.
I am waiting for news from Microsoft.

@pezzin Same here, We have same problem. Clear Team's cache help only temporarily.

Hi Christian, same problem here too. I have opened a case with MS.
This is suddenly happening to me, too. 🤬
Thanks to everybody for all your feedback. This seems to me like a widespread problem. What's the best way to make sure that this reaches Microsoft or that we get at least some sort of official reply? Thanks.
best response confirmed by pezzin (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Hi,
Microsoft is aware of the problem. Now we can only wait till the problem is solved...

Issue Id: TM746712

@pezzin 

UPDATE: MS has confirmed that the rollout of the fix has started. Everything should be fixed by April 2 at the latest.
(Our workaround at the moment is to set the defaultIMApp to Skype instead of MS teams. ->If you still have Skype running)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by pezzin (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Hi,
Microsoft is aware of the problem. Now we can only wait till the problem is solved...

Issue Id: TM746712

@pezzin 

View solution in original post