Microsoft Teams

Copper Contributor

For about a month now our team using a team channel have been having problems with our Teams.  Several things are happening.  When changing the due date,  Adding notes, updating the checklist and adding an attachment do not work.  We then have to log out completely or close and reopen the task and then it may or may not work.   This is Teams for work or schools and we are using it in a work setting.  Is this a known problem with Teams at the moment?

2 Replies

Hi @kim_brown395,

you can try these steps:

Changing Due Dates:

• Microsoft Planner, integrated with Teams, lacks the ability to add due dates to individual checklist items within a task. While it's proficient for task management and team assignments, it lacks granularity for checklist items.
  • A workaround involves creating separate tasks for each checklist item to set individual due dates, though this may not be optimal for large-scale projects.

Adding Due Dates to Planner Checklist in a Task - Microsoft Community

To try to resolve Adding Notes and Updating Checklist and adding Attachments, calendar Issues you can try to clear Microsoft Teams cache:

Classic Teams

1. If Teams is still running, right-click the Teams icon on the taskbar, and then select Quit.

2. Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows logo key 

%appdata%\Microsoft\Teams

•  Delete all files and folders in the directory.

• Restart Teams.

New Teams

1. If Teams is still running, right-click the Teams icon on the taskbar, and then select Quit.

2. Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows logo key + R

3. In the Run dialog box, enter the following path, and then select OK.

%userprofile%\appdata\local\Packages\MSTeams_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Microsoft\MSTeams

•  Delete all files and folders in the directory.
  • Restart Teams.

Clear Teams cache - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Learn

If you are using classic Microsoft Teams, consider switching to the New Microsoft Teams.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)
(Twitter)

Hi, I would be really worried about losing all the departments work if I start deleting things - it is all our tracking for patient investigations, so cannot risk losing anything. Also, I am not adding due dates to check list items - I am just adding a date for tracking investigations.