SOLVED

Microsoft Teams Bluetooth Headset No Sound When Using External Mic

Copper Contributor

I am currently on Windows 11 Build 22504.rs_prelease.211112-1650 and whenever I use Microsoft Teams Desktop (Version 1.4.00.29469 (64-bit), last updated on 2021-11-06) with my Taotronics TT-BH22 headset, I cannot hear anything from the headset's speakers in the call unless I use the headset's microphone. The two problems with using the headset's own microphone are that

1. The audio quality becomes very poor for no reason

2. I want to use my external Blue Yeti microphone instead of my headset microphone.

DabeerAzeez_3-1638446360459.png

The above picture is what I would like my Teams audio setup to be, with my Taotronics headphones as the speakers and my Yeti as the microphone. With this setup in a Teams call, although I can notice sound being played to my Taotronics via the sound control panel (see image below), I do not hear it. So I effectively cannot use my external microphone in Teams because I have a bluetooth headset mic, and when I use the bluetooth headset's microphone in Teams, the sound on the headset works, but it is of very poor quality.

DabeerAzeez_4-1638446377741.png

I have tried disabling the headset mic, but that doesn't fix the issue, as I still can't hear anything from my headphones. I've been able to use Teams on the browser without an issue, but I need the features on Teams Desktop since the browser version is limited.

22 Replies

@Nick_Elder did you find a solution in the meantime?

I have the exact same issue with multiple different (and very expensive) bluetooth headsets which stopped working after installation of update 22H2 on a freshly installed machine. 

I accidentally uninstalled the Hands-Free driver for my Bluetooth headset, where should I find it and install it?

@Morigen明天_Bai白 just remove / uninstall your Bluetooth headset and reconnect again to your laptop. Drivers will be automatically installed again upon readding. 

https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/remove-stubborn-bluetooth-devices-in-windows