SOLVED

Microsoft Team channel with Call queue

Copper Contributor

Hello Folks,

I just tested a voice enabled teams channel and got some doubt on it . I hope you will be able to help me.

Call flow : PSTN > AA > CQ > Channel > Member of the channel.

1.we tried to test it with round robin. Would like to know how we can set up order of the members in channel?when it selected as serial or round robin how it decides the agent order?

2. In conventional CQ we can move up and down the agent, can we do the same on channel?

3.Is it possible owner can force opt out and opt in agents?

4.having opt in/out disabled how it's possible for owner to be on queue but not getting call?

5.If owner is in call queue,what is the order of owner in serial routing?

Thanks in Advance.Look forward for your valuable response here

5 Replies

@Rajdeepz50 to answer your questions as below 

1. When you choose to call a team's channel in your call queue you can't control the order of the agents using the serial routing and same if you choose a group 
  2. You can't control the order of the agents in teams channel or group. for my experience the order will be the same as it look like in Azure AD 
  3. the owner of the team's channel can't control anything related to call queue. the owner of a channel is only allowed to control the channel itself. 
  4. the owner needs to be added as a member of the channel and he can turn off the call receiving option from his teams app. 
  5. if your using the channel team and group, you can't control but if you add users than you can control the order of your users.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily.

Thanks for your valuable information.Just wanted to get clarified on point 4 and 5.

4.when you said owner need to be added as member and then can turn off the call receiving option . Will it stop call receiving only from the call queue or all calls? What is the path to turn off that ? Is it kind of DND?

5.when you said I can control order of users in channel and group. May i know how to do that?There is a confusion between 1 and 5 , as you said at point 1 that it's not possible to control the order.

Thanks in advance

@Rajdeepz50 sorry for point number 5 I meant you can't control the order if you are using teams channel or groups.

for point number 4. if you want an owner of a channel to receive calls from the call queue. the owner of this channel needs to be a member of the channel not only the owner so he can be an agent within that call queue assigned to the team's channel. he can turn off and on receiving calls from call queue from his end if you enable that option from the call queue settings. check below screen shot. and this will only stop receiving call from call queue but he can receive calls from any others 

eliekarkafy_0-1684491294347.png

@eliekarkafy  cool ! One last thing when you said if I enable that option for user to be able to ,user will be able to turn off the call receiving from the CQ as your screenshot. So do I need to add user on authorised user on the call queue ? That's what you are saying? If no then what is authorised user option on the CQ?

best response confirmed by Rajdeepz50 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Rajdeepz50 No. from the call queue settings you can turn on the below feature in the screenshot. this will allow all the agents to control whether they need to receive calls or not from the call queue.

eliekarkafy_0-1684492369342.png

the agent from his teams app can opt in or opt out using the calls settings as per the screenshot i shared with you before 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Rajdeepz50 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Rajdeepz50 No. from the call queue settings you can turn on the below feature in the screenshot. this will allow all the agents to control whether they need to receive calls or not from the call queue.

eliekarkafy_0-1684492369342.png

the agent from his teams app can opt in or opt out using the calls settings as per the screenshot i shared with you before 

View solution in original post