Member added via dynamic group (Azure) need to wait almost 24 hours before team is showing in Teams

Copper Contributor

I have problems with the member whom are automatically added with a dynamic group. They don't get the specified team in MS Teams for hours.

These are the steps I took;(https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/dynamic-memberships)

- I created a Sharepoint site

- I created a teams associated with the sharepoint site

- I converted the members group to Dynamic

- I created a rule to Attribute1

When I edit a on-premises AD user's Attribute1(Custom attribute 1) to the value I configured and I sync this to AzureAD the user is showing in de members tab in Azure AD, so I know these configurations work. 

Also when I go to teams I confirmed that adding users manually is now disabled/not working, as per design with dynamic members group.

I can also see this user is now added to the teams in the admin panel of teams. 

However I don't see the member in MS Teams(When I check with an Admin user) and the user is added almost 24 hours later. And also removing the user(deleting the custom attribute and resyncing) from the dynamic group takes hours(6+). I tested with a single user(different users each time). and everything is synced properly, I just don't get the Team in MS teams within an appropriate timespan.

0 Replies