How to use autogenerated Teams email as a distribution list of that team?

Copper Contributor

1. I have created a team in Teams called X.

2. I can see in the Admin page that Teams has created a group called X and X@Company.com associated email. 

3. I would like to use X@Company.com as a distribution list for the team members.

How do I do that? 

2 Replies
By default, when you create a new Team the email address for that Team is hidden from Outlook and the Global Address List. The assumption is that if you create a team, you will use the channel posts to communicate with the members instead of email.

If required, you can use PowerShell to make the teams email visible, check out the "hidden from" attributes here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/exchange/set-unifiedgroup?view=exchange-ps

@James Mallalieu is it possible to similarly make a channel email visible as a distribution group?

Scenario is that I have a STEM Team with 4 channels; Science, Technology, Engineering, Math.

I see from your instructions how I can surface an email to use STEM as a distribution list.  Again, the question is whether I can also have 4 additional distribution list email addresses surfaced for each of Science, Technology, Engineering, Math.