SOLVED

How can I expand the conversation panel in Teams?

Copper Contributor

A good 1/3 of my Teams Conversation UI is wasted empty-space. I would like more room to view the conversation and any quoted items that are shared between team users.

Chuck_Gawlik_0-1591894162602.png

In the included image, I have included a quoted item that is a pain to try and read with the limited viewing space available. Makes sharing and quickly collaborating on issues an awful experience using Teams.

Is there an option available to expand the space available for conversations, so I can use all available monitor space?

4 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@Chuck_Gawlik - click the small A with a paintbrush in the bottom left of the new conversation and it'll open up a larger chat window that also has editing capabilities: 

Select Format to see all your formatting options.

There are lots of formatting options for messages.

To open your formatting options, select Format 

beneath the box where you type your message. In this expanded view, select the text you want to format, then choose an option like B, I, or U to bold, italicize, or underline the text.

There are also options for highlighting, font size, lists, and more. Check out More options 

For additional formatting options, and the buttons below the box for attaching a file or inserting fun stuff like emoji.

I don't think this answer is relevant in any way to the OP very well written question. With a screenshot that was illustrating the problem clearly there is no way one could misunderstand what @Chuck_Gawlik was originally asking about.

@Chuck_Gawlik Best response is not completely related to the question.
The answer is: go to Settings >> General >> choose chat density Compact

Igors_Sersts_0-1685007210326.png

This is the only right answer. So-called "best response" should be deleted, as it is completely wrong.

It should be noted that in the latest version of Teams, this option exists not under General but under "Appearance and accessibility".

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@Chuck_Gawlik - click the small A with a paintbrush in the bottom left of the new conversation and it'll open up a larger chat window that also has editing capabilities: 

Select Format to see all your formatting options.

There are lots of formatting options for messages.

To open your formatting options, select Format 

beneath the box where you type your message. In this expanded view, select the text you want to format, then choose an option like B, I, or U to bold, italicize, or underline the text.

There are also options for highlighting, font size, lists, and more. Check out More options 

For additional formatting options, and the buttons below the box for attaching a file or inserting fun stuff like emoji.

View solution in original post