External access issues

Copper Contributor

About two weeks ago out external users stated that they are aren't able to log into our team environment they all get the same error stating:

AADSTS50020 user account {INSERT EMAIL} does not exist in tenant (our tenant) and can't access (teams) in that tenant. the account needs to be added as an external user in the tenant first. Sign out and sign in again with a different azure active directory user account.

Keep in mind they predominantly use the mobile version of teams android and apple. I have deleted their account and re added it, had them delete the app and re install. Any other trouble shooting anyone can suggest. 

1 Reply

Hello@JBIncluda 

welcome to the Microsoft community, My name is Recep and I'll be happy to help you today,
I understand that your external users aren't able to log into your team environment, they all get the same error stating: AADSTS50020 user account {INSERT EMAIL} does not exist in tenant (our tenant) and can't access (teams) in that tenant

Please note that the account needs to be added as an external user in the tenant first. Sign out and sign in again with a different Azure Active Directory user account.

Also note that if your application is an enterprise application that requires user assignment, error AADSTS50020 occurs if the user isn't on the list of allowed users who are assigned access to the application.

To check whether your enterprise application requires user assignment:

1. In the Azure portal, search for and select Enterprise applications.
  2. Select your enterprise application.
  3. In the sidebar, select Properties.
  4. Check whether the Assignment required option is set to Yes.

Solution: Assign access to users individually or as part of a group

Use one of the following options to assign access to users:

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved

If you like my response, please give it a Like :smile:

Appreciate your Kudos! Proud to contribute! :)