SOLVED

Downloaded recordings get deleted

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I have encountered a very weird problem with Teams today. I downloaded Microsoft Teams on both my laptops which run different operating systems, macOS and Windows 10. 

I was trying to download class recordings on macOS but noticed that every time I downloaded a recording, I'd see it in the "Downloads" folder and the size would gradually be increasing but then, once the download is complete, my video disappears from the folder. I tried searching for it but to no avail. At first, I thought it was a problem with the used operating system but then I tried it on Windows 10 as well. I encountered the exact same problem. My videos download but then, when they reach completion, they disappear. This has never happened to me before I had to re-install Teams on both laptops two days ago.

Can anyone please help? I would really like to study.

Thanks,

B

7 Replies

@blueberry30 

If "Allow Cloud Recording" is enabled in the Meeting policies then you should not have any issues, which suggests a device issue.  However, you have this issue on more than one device.  This is going to be difficult to troubleshoot.

Do you know if anyone else in your class is having the same issue?

@blueberry30 Hi! Im having the same issue. Happened to me COUPLE OF TIMES. very inconvenient

@blueberry30 i encountered the same problem. So I try to download the video through Teams Web App. The Teams will be opened in your browser and the video will be downloaded the same way you download anything using your browser. Here's the page you can find link to the Teams Web App https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/msteams_tfe-msteams_meeting-msteams_record/my-meet... 

you solved the problem or not yet? 

@blueberry30 

@Munsif_sokiyna Hello, no I was never able to solve the issue. I lost the recordings and was never able to download them. However, it never happened to me again. I am able to download other recordings at this time. 

Hi, are you now downloading the recording through the app or the web browser? @blueberry30 

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
I was facing the same issue. What i do is, i double click on the video while its downloading, then media players open, then after finishing it cant vanish.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
I was facing the same issue. What i do is, i double click on the video while its downloading, then media players open, then after finishing it cant vanish.

View solution in original post