Creating a team within a team

Copper Contributor

Hi ,

I was wondering can you set up a team with a group of students and then hide the team from them? We are wanting to create an admin team that purely has student results in it.

Thank you

1 Reply

Hi @Danielle_OETI,

there isn’t a way to completely hide a team from a member of the team.

You can create a team, but all the students need to hide this team manually in their Microsoft Teams App.

If you want to create an admin team that purely has student results in it, you might consider creating a private channel within the team (but I am not sure if that solves your problem / idea)

Private channels in Teams create a focused space for collaboration among specific members of a team. Only the members of the private channel can see and participate in conversations, files, and meetings within the channel.

Here’s how you can create a private channel:

1. Go to a team you want to create a channel for, select More options > Add channel.

2. Type a name and description.

3. Under Privacy, select the down arrow and choose Private - Specific teammates have access.

4. Select Create.

5. Type in the names of who you'd like to invite including guests.

Note: People must already be members or guests of a team to be added to a private channel.

6. Select Add, change anyone's role if needed, and select Done.

Create and use private channels - Microsoft Support

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)