SOLVED

Consult then transfer to call queue is not working

Brass Contributor

Hi,

We are using teams with direct routing option.

Everything is working fine but we cannot use the option consult then transfer to a call queue.

You can call the call queue and get a user on the phone but the option to transfer the call disappears.

Consult and transfer to a direct users is working fine!

And a direct transfer without consult to a call queue is also working fine...

Anybody has the same issue and is there a solution for this problem?

Hope you can help!

Greetings,

Lars

80 Replies

@Thorsten Stiebig
Do you have any updates regarding this issue?

@tomae_bfh @Lars86 

IT IS A BUG AT MICROSOFT AND A KNOWN ISSUE!

Some minutes ago I received the final answer from Microsoft:

"

After discussing and checking with our team, this is a known issue and had registered  as a bug. They are working on the issue, but for now their is no ETA and the fix should be rolled out at the end of this calendar year.
"

This was a long way to get this information ... crazy, perhaps we have to wait to the end of this calendar year for a fix. That is very bad!

@Thorsten Stiebig a bug really??? ;)

Good we finally have an answer!

Hope the fix will be there faster... Should be crazy indeed if we have to wait that long!

Thanks for the update...

@Thorsten Stiebig 
Looking forward to the end of the calendar year.

I may have a similar issue.

So I can transfer a call to a queue when I enter the DDI of the queue, however, when I search for the Queue by name in the transfer box & hit transfer the original call stays with me, on hold, it doesn't get transferred to the queue.

Is this the same bug everybody else has?

Really frustrating having moved from a Cisco PBX where I could transfer to a 4 digit Hunt Group flawlessly.

@TeamProMember

I have no issue transferring the call directly.
The issue only occurs when consulting first. We then have two separate calls and can't transfer the call after consulting.

@tomae_bfh 

Are you transferring calls to the Queue by entering the Queue name in the transfer box, or are you transferring to the Resource Account associated with the Queue please?

We can get it to work when transferring to the resource account, but you need to be an owner or member of the queue for it to be in the list of people to transfer to.

End of the year ? 
Nothing we can do about that then....

@Thorsten Stiebig, do you have an update or ticket number ?

We are facing the same issue and want to create a support ticket regarding this.
I want to mention your ticket. 

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Hans Vos

@hansvos I send you an pm with the Ticket number. Good luck!

There is nothing we can do ... just wait ... we are waiting since April this year. Very sad!
I also created a ticket regarding this, so hopefully hat will give more pressure at their end ;)
Created a ticket at Microsft,... Still on the roadmap of 2020 to be fixed...

They expect a big release half december where they are aiming to fix this issue..

Hopefully! That is what they promised in April.

@Thorsten StiebigAny news regarding this issue?

I opened a ticket in November and Microsoft sent me the documentation on how to transfer a call. *rolleyes*

Today after 2 months they told me that there is no problem on the Microsoft side. I'm a bit furious, because I referred to this discussion and they did not even bother to read it.
In the steps recording I clearly stated where the transfer button disappears. I can reproduce this behavior using the resource account name to transfer the call to, so I don't even leave the Teams-environment.
Even so Microsoft insists that there is a problem on the side of our telephony provider.

This is nonsense what Microsoft told you. It is a known issue at Microsoft side and all people with direct Routing have the same issue. It is stupid to say that all phone providers are the problem. I have no informations that this is working at any phone Provider. I have the official statement from microsoft that this is an error on Microsoft side and that it should solved to the end of 2020. I have still the same issue and we are now in january 2021. I will reopen my Ticket and will ask when we could receive a solution.

Regards
Thorsten

@Thorsten Stiebig 

Also still the same problems on our side! 

Really bad this is taking so long... hope they come with the fix soon!

Going to check if i can find my ticket number and also going to reopen it.

Today I get the following answer from Microsoft on my reopened ticket: In my reopened ticket I pointed to this discussion ...

"
As I can see that the issue which you have reported and which is mentioned on the shared article, still remains a known issue for Microsoft. Our engineering team is actively working on it but unfortunately, we will do not a fix for the issue yet nor an ETA to share with you.

Consult then transfer is available for the user since the release of multiwindow calling and meetings to Global Availability. That being said, consult and transfer does not work in the context of transferring to CQs.

Ref: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/transfer-a-call-in-teams-b7f40f14-e083-46b9-b739-68038c8f...

There were few issues related to Consult then Transfers which were resolved by disabling the New Meeting Experience in Teams Client Settings. I would suggest you can also try this workaround and check if it works for your environment. Please feel free to reach us back if need status detail in future.
We regret the inconvenience caused to you.
"
..... unbelievable.

Today I was a participant at the Teams Community Day ... I get in contact with another participant who had the same issue ... he said he could solve this with some changes on his SBC. I will get those detail informations in the next days ... but I can not really beleive that changes on the SBC can solve this issue because the call will not left microsoft environment when we select "consult then transfer" ...

I will let you know up to date

regards
Thorsten