SOLVED

Channel meeting not populating in new Members calendar - Education, Class team

Brass Contributor

Hi Everyone, 

This is a strange one.

Teachers setup their teams meeting using either:

from within the "General" channel's "Meet Now" button

Or their calendar and inviting the Channel for the required team

IF a lesson is happening in the future, all the channel members see it.... All appart from any new student members.

If a teacher cancels the lesson, then the new student members DO get a cancellation email, but the meeting was never in their calendar.

Is there a way to allow new members to see future meetings?  students move around a lot and this would mean teachers having to keep editing meetings, which is not ideal.

Anyone found a solution to this that they are willing to share here?

thank you.

Edit:  i should add that the meeting should pop up  a reminder and not rely on the students to scroll around in the General Channels of each class team, students may forget or just not attend, hence needing the notification prompt.  Thank you

3 Replies

That's the expected behavior, apart from resending the meeting there's nothing you can do.

best response confirmed by EDU_ictGeek (Brass Contributor)
Solution
As Vasil said calendars are personal only in Teams so if they don’t get sent not much can be done.

However what I would suggest since they are channel meetings just teach the Teachers to go in and @mention the Team to notify everyone in the Team and bring their attention to the meeting.

@Chris Webb  Thank you for this, i have actually started asking teachers to do that which helps avoid the issue, should students move sets.

Thanks again.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by EDU_ictGeek (Brass Contributor)
Solution
As Vasil said calendars are personal only in Teams so if they don’t get sent not much can be done.

However what I would suggest since they are channel meetings just teach the Teachers to go in and @mention the Team to notify everyone in the Team and bring their attention to the meeting.

View solution in original post