SOLVED

Camera Not Working in Teams

Copper Contributor

I just set up Teams on my iMac running Catalina.  My camera started to work for a split second and then stopped.  Two others running older versions of iOS had no problems with their cameras running the video chat.  I checked and the security and privacy setting authorizes the camera for Teams.  Any help?  If relevant, I was the organizer. 

Thanks.

35 Replies

@SteveCMcIntyre finally success! What I did to get it to work was I went to the apple developers site, logged in. Since i already had Xcode 12.1 installed I downloaded 'Command Line Tools for Xcode 12.2 beta 3.dmg' I installed that then ran the lines again in Terminal and finally didn't get errors back. Restarted teams and allowed it access my keychain and it finally worked. Now i can use my virtual cameras. Appreciate everyone's responses and tips. Until the next teams update...

@manong I am having the same problem- Camera works for everything but Teams. Works if I use Teams via web app, though.

Any way to fix this without programming knowledge?

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@AFeinstein On MacOs.... close teams fully.  Open terminal window and paste text below in.  Enter your password and after it runs close terminal and reopen teams.  All should no be available.

sudo codesign --remove-signature "/Applications/Microsoft Teams.app/Contents/Frameworks/Microsoft Teams Helper (Renderer).app"

@SteveCMcIntyre AMAZING! This worked.

This worked for me. Thank You

@Selene2245

This worked for the broswer version of Teams but not when using the app on the Mac. For now, I'll just use the browser version.  Thanks for the suggestion.

The updated instructions here worked for me. Thx!
This did it. Thanks Steve!

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/camera-not-working-in-teams/m-p/1933165/highl...

^-SteveCMcIntyre's fix worked for me using the desktop Mac app and Canon EOS Webcam Utility.

@Jim_M545 

Hello, I think I got it. I had the same problem on a MacBook Air 2011 OS-10.13.6. I opened FaceTime and went to Preferences > Configuration, and in the bottom there's an option called "pre-established for calls", and I selected there "Microsoft Teams" instead of FaceTime.

It solved the problem and now I can use the integrated camera and micro in Teams from the desktop app.

I hope it helps.

I’ll check it out - many thanks.
This worked for me, teams had been working great with my cam for more than a year so i never suspected this was the issue, thanks.

@Jim_M545 It worked. Many thanks.

I had the same problem. Teams was not recognizing that my iMac had both its built-in camera and an external USB Logitech camera. I tried turning systems preferences on and off in Security and Privacy--no success. Tried throwing Teams in the trash and re-downloading it--no success. Tried using the Xcode fix--no success.

What finally worked for me (note: this will delete all your user information) was doing all three of these: (1) throw the app in the trash and empty the trash, (2) Open Libraries (from Finder, option-click the View menu so Libraries appears as an option, then in Libraries, go to Application Support/Microsoft and delete the folder "Teams"); and (3) delete the preferences file in Library (follow the path Library/Preferences/) file name to delete is com.microsoft.teams.plist. You will have to re-enter all account user names and passwords, of course, but this was enough for it to recognize my cameras.

@Jim_M545 I have just had the same problem and managed to solve it. I went into the settings in Teams: ... beside profile picture, clicked on 'devices' and then scrolled down to 'camera'. I found that somehow, the camera was set to my iPhone camera. I must have taken a Teams call on my phone and this somehow changed the device setting. I simply clicked 'FaceTime HD Camera' in the dropdown and bingo!! It works fine.