Best Practice for Integrating BYOD into MTR

Copper Contributor

I manage technology for 3 large meeting rooms in an organization that uses Microsoft teams.  The meeting rooms need to function both in an in-person meeting/presentation mode -  BYOD style, as well as in a hybrid meeting style integrating with Microsoft Teams.  Our plan is to have a dedicated MTR computer and a Logitech TAP for each room.  I understand that a user can easily share their desktop with Microsoft Teams once connected to the meeting.  However, I'm wondering if there is a reliable way to feed our BYOD system into the meeting.  We are leaning towards the Barco ClickShare C-10 for BYOD connectivity.  From what I've read, the recommended way to get the Clickshare feed into MTR is to connect the Clickshare HDMI output to the TAP HDMI input.  In our design, these two devices are more than 50' apart.  Are there any other reliable ways to achieve HDMI ingest without using the TAP HDMI input? For example, can I use a PCIe HDMI input card to feed MTR? Or are their other HDMI ingest network nodes available?

1 Reply
I would suggest looking into Teams Casting as your solution. Teams Casting is now out for mobile devices but will be coming to the Windows desktop version very soon. Anytime you are asking users to mix and match applications, the conference rooms become difficult, and users will be challenged. By staying with the Microsoft Teams Room and the Teams Casting solution, your users are working within a work flow they understand and do not need to go to an outside application.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/cast-content-from-a-mobile-device-to-a-microsoft-teams-ro...