New Teams Client is crashing when Jabra Evolve 75 Headset is muted by putting the microphone up

Brass Contributor

We have a strange issue with the new Teams client. 

When the Mic is put up, the headset is actually muting Teams. However, with the new Teams client, if the headset is put Teams crashes sometimes.

Teams crashes also reproducible if the mic is put up before joining a conference. 

Anybody has the same problem or a solution for that?

The Evolve Headset is connected via a Jabra 370 USB dongle.

69 Replies
Hey Christian,

I am not familiar with this problem but had a similar one with another application at a client.

Have you by any chance tested with a bluetooth connection only? So remove the dongle for a bit and test it this way.

Do you by any chance have a different dongle? Are there multiple endpoints having these issues or only one?

Thanks in advance!

Hey Christian,

I have the same issues, since updated to the new Teams Client it crashes nearly everytime while muting by putting the mic up.
Also what I've experineced; every second time I'm sharing my window or whole desktop it crashes as well.

Also using the Evolve 75 + 370 Dongle.
While using the Evolve 75 only via Bluetooth, I have the problem that while muting, the whole sound is "off" aswell.
So a lot of problems with the new Teams Client.

From my team (7 People) I'm the only with this issue.
Are there any logs written somewhere?

kind regards

@Christian Dyck I have the same problem since the Teams update last week. Today there was an upgrade to Jabra Direct, but this hasn´t solved problem. As soon as I share or mute/unmute the Jabra headset, Teams crashes. Worked perfectly up until last week :(

Same issue here with Jabra Speak 75 and the new Teams client.
Teams crashes after muting and when sharing the screen, the screen sometimes freezes.

I also got the Jabra Direct update.
excactly same problem with my Jabra Evolve2 75. Since last week.
I have exactly the same issue - same headset, also the new client. I have tried resetting the teams app, that helped for one day.

Firmware on dongle and headset is the most recent.

Same Issues here with new teams and multiple different Jabra Headsets since approximately a week ( e.g. Engage75,Evolve 75, Evolve55)

Nothing confirmed from Microsoft or Jabra until yet.

@Maximus69 I choose to reset both USB dongle and Headset in the Jabra Direct software. There is a "reset" button. Since then it seems my Teams (new) is not crashing...

@Christian Dyck same issue here with a Jabra Link 380 + Jabra Evolve 2 65; I've worked around it by disabling the boom functions in Jabra direct.

fedora_the_explorer_0-1707090032650.png

I'll re-enable these once they fix whatever the issue is. It's annoying but better than crashing mid-meeting.

We have same issue with different Jabra headset as well. Also with Evolve Buds 2 so not only related to mute/unmute boom activity. Sometime the client crash as well by simply mute/unmute the teams klient from the UI and also crash sometime simply by joining a meeting?
Does all you having the issue also have the headset connected with BT on the mobile phone?

this happens since a few weeks allready... multiple devices with different Jabra Headsets....

strangest thing i also got a new notebook, switched from a dell from 2016 to a brandnew HP one... and since the new device the crash happens almost everytime i mute or unmute... sometimes also into a call without any un-/mute...

on the old device it happend only sometimes, not always!

this is only with the "NEW, v2" Teams client, it doesn't happen with the classic teams client! :(

If the headset is muted with the "arm up" it crashes directly, while joining a meeting - just experienced it 3 times in a row.
Headset is not connected via BT to mobile phone in my case.

We have Dell computers and facing the same problems. Do you also have Dell computers? Or no correlation with that.
Lenovo and HP Users here. So I guess no correlation with that.