Different views; what time do uploads stop?

Copper Contributor

1) Is it expected that when a video is opened by people with editing rights in a Documents library that some users will see the SharePoint view and others will see the Stream view to edit?
2) What time on Friday will uploads no longer be permitted? 12:00 a.m., 11:59 p.m.? What time zone?

7 Replies
1) All people will see the same view if they have the same permissions to the video regardless. If they are seeing a different experience, then it is because one person is clicking on the file name and it is opening the actual file for editing and the other person must be just selecting the video which will only give them the ability to see library metadata and the file itself without opening it. 2) The Stream product team said they did not know exactly what time, but their belief is that it will happen at 12:00 am in the time zone that your tenant is and that the Stream Classic portal is provisioned in.
We're have five people with same rights opening the same video the same way (through the Documents library); three get the SharePoint view while two get the Stream view.

It's an issue we saw on our TR tenant months ago and have an open ticket on, but support and our DSE told us that it was just a glitch that one person was seeing a different view than another person who took the exact same steps. We were told that the SharePoint view was what everyone with edit rights would see. But from the answer given in the meeting today it sounds like it was there was an A/B test going on and people working in our support routes had no knowledge of it, which led to us getting wrong information. It's really frustrating that something like this ran to nearly the last second without a resolution that was properly communicated to customers.

@karen_dredske Midnight going into Friday or midnight going into Saturday?

Friday going into Saturday. :)
Looks like Microsoft gave us bad information. Our tenant has been disabled for uploads to Stream Classic and the old chats indicate others are in the same boat. Friday is the absolute worst possible day of the week to make changes of this sort, especially when we're told after specifically asking that uploads are permitted through EOD Friday.
I thought it would be tonight also based on previous cut off dates. I guess the Stream product team and I were all wrong. I'm sorry for you that this happened.

@aka8941 wrote:

1) Is it expected that when a video is opened by people with editing rights in a Documents library that some users will see the SharePoint view and others will see the Stream view to edit

I think you are talking about the page that loads when you click a video. We were running an experiment where some users saw the ODB/SPO "preview" version and others were taken to the full Stream player page (stream.aspx in the URL). That experiment is finishing up (might be done already). Everyone should be taken directly to the full Stream player page (stream.aspx) now. 

2) What time on Friday will uploads no longer be permitted? 12:00 a.m., 11:59 p.m.? What time zone?

Sorry we didn't know what the code was going to do from our side, we likely needed to have an engineer look at the code and give us a detailed explanation. However, we built this setting so that you could change the date to what you wanted. You could have set it a few days or weeks earlier to have it happen over a weekend.