SOLVED

SharePoint Migration - Unable to Locate SharePoint URL

Iron Contributor

At present, there are over 500,000 videos that I need to transfer from Classic SharePoint to SharePoint Online. As a test migration, I am attempting to relocate several orphaned videos to the SP site at https://xxxxxxxx.sharepoint.com/sites/StreamVideos. However, when I initiate the Migration Tools and choose the Migration option, the videos display an orange triangle with an exclamation mark. Upon accessing the video settings to edit the destination and selecting SharePoint, the "Select a SharePoint site" option fails to find my SP Site, despite my being an administrator of the site. my SP Site. The site was created on Feb 2, 2024, I'm an Admin of the site, and  able to access the site.

Any ideas on how I can resolve the this issue?

Thank You,

-Larry

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Larry Jones (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@Larry Jones You will need to use the Upload Destinations function in the Migrations tab. This can be tricky. You will need to download a fresh CSV from the tool each time, which doesn't make sense but it's the only way to make it work. Then use PowerShell to run the script that MS provides in documentation. This will populate the CSV with any container that has a missing Destination, and you can fill in the URL there, and then upload that CSV in the Migrations tab. There are many opportunities to get tripped up in this process, so be patient as you work through. Once you get your URL in there once, it tends to pop up in the tool as an available site.

Thanks SteveUlrichTE - This will help me as well.
Thank You, another question is you don't mine. What is the destination address that I would user for M365Groups?

Thank You,
-Larry

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Larry Jones (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@Larry Jones You will need to use the Upload Destinations function in the Migrations tab. This can be tricky. You will need to download a fresh CSV from the tool each time, which doesn't make sense but it's the only way to make it work. Then use PowerShell to run the script that MS provides in documentation. This will populate the CSV with any container that has a missing Destination, and you can fill in the URL there, and then upload that CSV in the Migrations tab. There are many opportunities to get tripped up in this process, so be patient as you work through. Once you get your URL in there once, it tends to pop up in the tool as an available site.

View solution in original post