Learning Sentinel inc

Copper Contributor

Hello
I am looking for advise, not sure what I am doing wrong :) I am learning how to create incidents in Sentinel.

so I created detection rule looking for Suspicious Encoded Powershell, then I back to my  to VM and run encoded PowerShell command and i cant see any incident in sentinel... I also check defender i have a few indecent regarding this activity. Why i cant see any incident in sentinel? 

I used this rule:
github.com/Bert-JanP/Hunting-Queries-Detection-Rules/blob/main/Threat%20Hunting%20Cases/Suspicious%20Encoded%20Powershell.md

Ps: is possible to add screenshots here?

4 Replies
maybe is something with connectors (which connector i need to connect?)

@pingmetiwce 

1. You can paste in a screenshot or attach a file here. When you create a message or REPLY - there is an "Open Full Text Editor" link to press

Clive_Watson_0-1665143242748.png

2. Do you have the DeviceProcessEvents Table connected from the "Microsoft 365 Defender (preview)" connector?  Note, Raw events like this are billable (the Alerts are free), so keep that in mind if you start to ingest these.

Clive_Watson_1-1665143368770.png

@Clive_Watson 

thanks for your answers. I have this connector enabled. I would like to add screenshots but I have this message : You do not have permission to upload images.

@pingmetiwce 
Did you configure the "Connect incidents & alerts", within the Microsoft 365 Defender data connector?

Jonhed_0-1665323948689.png

You mentioned that incidents appear in Microsoft 365 defender and not in Sentinel, so it sounds like the detection rule was created in Microsoft 365 defender (Custom detection rule) and not in Sentinel (Analytics rule).