Searching private Office 365 Group files using Delve

Brass Contributor

Hi all, is there any update on when private group files will be visible in Delve? 

It has been "rolling out" for some time now on the Office 365 Roadmap, and according to UserVoice this capability was expected to be released by end of May. Also I noticed on the Yammer Office 365 network at least one user (@Tony Redmond) has seen the capability.

We are on first release however havent seen anything on this yet. Really keen to see it happen as I think the integration between Groups and Delve will really accelerate their usefulness and user adoption.

29 Replies

On the O365 roadmap it has the status 'rolling out':

Office 365 Groups: search Groups files using Office Delve
By integrating Groups files (stored in a SharePoint document library and surfaced in OneDrive for Business) and Office Delve, users will be able to search content from both public and private groups they are a member of.
Dear Rens,

As you can see form Cameron Monks initial post, this features has been on the roadmap "forever" and even back in August last year it was already "rolling out".
Clearly it is not, or limited to a tiny preview group.

boys and girls, it's here!

The Roadmap feature just moved to launched, and what do you know, it's finally working!

Thank you Microsoft!

Finally!!!!! And yes, it's working...it would have been nice to have a message in the message center about this being rolled out

Email attachments just started showing up in Delve for me also. Had been talked about for a long time, but finally seeing it in our tenant.

Hopefully we'll be able to search for private groups via Sharepoint soon as well.

I think is already there...

I'm still not seeing it.  The modern view search allows you to search public and private groups, but not sure how to customize that results page like we could with classic view.   https://yoursite-admin.sharepoint.com/_api/search/query?querytext='contentclass:sts_site WebTemplate:GROUP'

The only thing that bugs me is that Delve and SharePoint return different results. Title vs FileName

Has anyone seen this working with public Teams-based doc libaries? They're just another site under /teams with "everyone except external" added to viewers, so they should be indexed, right?