General questions about Delve

Iron Contributor

Is anyone using Delve for their enterprise search?

Do Yammer conversations appear in Delve?

3 Replies
No to the Yammer conversations

According to this 3/16/2015 blog post by Julia White, "Delve now incorporates links shared in Yammer so you can discover even more from across Office 365. Soon, Delve will also enable inline conversations so you can share and discuss any content in Yammer directly from within the Delve experience."

I'm really confused about how Yammer is planning to fit into Delve and SharePoint search. Our organization has found that ESN engagement goes up SIGNIFICANTLY when conversations are discoverable through search. We really want to get Yammer integrated in any way we possibly can.

I was just about to say, since Delve wasn't able for find documents from private groups for months now.

I just gave it another try and by accident I found a document from a private group. Must have been the recent update to the search results they've pushed out.

But alas, it's still unusable for me, because for some reason Microsoft decided that pulling the title from within the document is better than showing the real filename. This approach might work for Word and PowerPoint files, but sucks for Excel Files (I have not clue what title Delve is pulling from xlsx files). Also Delve doesn't not offer fine refinements (e.g.Documents > Excel) like the SharePoint Search does.