Should I have a Google workspace enterprise account (paid) to configure Android Enterprise In Intune

Copper Contributor

I'm implementing MDM for android devices from scratch. As a part of it I'm planning to implement Personally owned devices with work profile and Corporate owned devices with work profile. In order to do this should I have a Google workspace enterprise account (paid) to configure Android Enterprise In Intune? or can I use a gmail account?

I need some clarification to understand if there any connection between  Android Enterprise and Google Enterprise (gsuite or google workspace) accounts.

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies

Hello @logan-dinesh , 

no, you’re required to have a paid account. its only a requirement to have a Google account, in order to associate all the Android management with intune. 

i would advice to go to intune and create a Google account from there, intune guides you through the process. 

if you found my answer helpful, please mark it as best. 

Best Regards

Shady Khorshed 

@ShadyKhorshed 

Thanks. It is bit confusing still. Can I use the same non paid account to setup zero touch deployment as well? Because the Knox enrollment document says that I need a Google enterprises account not personal account. If I create an account from intune, will it allow me to set up zero touch enrollment as well?

Thanks in advance.

Hello @logan-dinesh
Google enterprise account is for free, you dont need to pay anything. 

I would suggest to just create an account and you'll have a feel about it ;D

Good luck and let me know how it turns out!

Best regards
Shady Khorshed