SOLVED

Have my response saved in MS Forms from my first attempt

Copper Contributor

Dear Community,

I have created a MS Form for my company, where employees are going to fill it in case they want to request consultancy, tickets, etc..
Some of the fields are not needed to be changed every time a new response will be submitted, such as First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth, and many more fields. 

Is there a way to have the answers saved when an employee is trying to submit a new response? And eventually being filled automatically from the first response attempt? 

This way the employees can only adjust the fields that are changeable.

Thank you for your help!

3 Replies
best response confirmed by MarioA5 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @MarioA5,

Microsoft Forms includes a feature that permits respondents to save and modify their responses. To activate this functionality, the form creator should choose the "Allow respondents to save their responses" option in the Forms settings. 

This feature enables respondents to review and modify their form or quiz responses even days after the initial submission.
However, it doesn't automatically pre-fill the fields with responses from the first attempt in subsequent tries.

Unfortunately, Microsoft Forms does not offer a "Save and continue later" option, meaning users cannot explicitly save their progress and return to the form at a later time.

I recommend that you post your feature request by using Give Feedback on Microsoft Feedback Portal:
Microsoft Forms · Community

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

Hi @LeonPavesic 

Thank you very much for your answer.

I have adjusted this feature and checked the box where it says "Allow respondents to save their responses".

Regarding "save and continue later", I am not interested in that at the moment. I just want to have the answers filled by the employees somehow saved, so when they want to fill the form second, third, etc time, then they can just have the answers ready. This is more efficient when an employee wants to fill the form several times.

Hi @MarioA5,

you are welcome.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by MarioA5 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @MarioA5,

Microsoft Forms includes a feature that permits respondents to save and modify their responses. To activate this functionality, the form creator should choose the "Allow respondents to save their responses" option in the Forms settings. 

This feature enables respondents to review and modify their form or quiz responses even days after the initial submission.
However, it doesn't automatically pre-fill the fields with responses from the first attempt in subsequent tries.

Unfortunately, Microsoft Forms does not offer a "Save and continue later" option, meaning users cannot explicitly save their progress and return to the form at a later time.

I recommend that you post your feature request by using Give Feedback on Microsoft Feedback Portal:
Microsoft Forms · Community

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

View solution in original post