SOLVED

Security portal reports

Copper Contributor

Hi, can I know if there is any way to generate reports from the Microsoft 365 admin center portal, that can show device information to users who log in? I can't find such a report that has the device security status with the user who is logged in.

usually, I can access the Device health reports from the security portal >> reports >> Device Health page >> Microsoft Defender Antivirus health 
but am unable to find a user login to the related device.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by momkenanna (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @momkenanna,

There is no built-in report in the Microsoft 365 admin center that shows device information to users who log in, including the device security status.

Here is a potential solution (workaround):

1. Power BI Reports: You can use Microsoft Power BI to create custom reports that combine device information and user login data. To do this, you would need to export data from your Microsoft 365 admin center and import it into Power BI. Then, you can design custom reports and dashboards that display the desired information.

• Export data from Microsoft 365 admin center or Microsoft Graph API.
    • Import this data into Power BI.
    • Design custom reports and dashboards that correlate device information with user logins.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

Hi @LeonPavesic
thanks for your response to my issue
Is there any code to that, I have zero experience in PowerBi
I marked your reply as the best response by mistake sorry to say that .. but i prefer to wait for more replies at least a workaround that I am familiar with.

Thanks again
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by momkenanna (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @momkenanna,

There is no built-in report in the Microsoft 365 admin center that shows device information to users who log in, including the device security status.

Here is a potential solution (workaround):

1. Power BI Reports: You can use Microsoft Power BI to create custom reports that combine device information and user login data. To do this, you would need to export data from your Microsoft 365 admin center and import it into Power BI. Then, you can design custom reports and dashboards that display the desired information.

• Export data from Microsoft 365 admin center or Microsoft Graph API.
    • Import this data into Power BI.
    • Design custom reports and dashboards that correlate device information with user logins.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

View solution in original post