Correlating a booking with a Microsoft Forms response

Copper Contributor

Our use case needs a lot of questions to be answered before an appointment and this is only possible with Microsoft Forms.

At the moment I am using Power Automate to send out an email to a client that makes a booking containing the form but I need a way to correlate the data from the form to the particular booking slot. Finding a solution to this seems to be really complicated but the booking itself and the form response probably have a unique ID which I could link together so that the data gets associated with the right booking.

Using the email provided is not unique enough as the same email address will be booking multiple slots at once, and each needs a unique copy of the form.

I was hoping for some kind of referral tag I could put in the form link but that seems to be unsupported.

Apart from literally having to tell a client to copy and paste a unique ID into the form themselves is there anything I can do? This is going to be so error-prone!

1 Reply
I would really appreciate any support. I have asked twice about this particular issue and how to solve it. We can't be the only ones with this issue. We cannot migrate to use the subscription that's already being paid for until we can solve this problem. This is my first encounter with the Microsoft ecosystem and all I'm finding is dead ends and "this isn't supported".