Bing searches stopped rewarding for subsequent searches before reaching cap

Copper Contributor

I have made plenty of searches on Bing today. However, it only partially rewarded my initial search efforts, and further searches did not reward any points.

For example, I'm currently capped at 20 out of 50 points as of Feb 13, 2024. The same thing happened in the last few days, when I got capped at 20 out of 50 points for those days as well.

andrewlee1982_1-1707849846835.png

I am a long time user of Bing. This is the first time I've encountered this issue.

andrewlee1982_2-1707849991297.png

3 Replies

As an update, I made more searches on Bing, and now the points rewarded for searching on Bing is 30 out of 50.

andrewlee1982_0-1707853608493.png

I do not know what's the algorithm for rewarding points for searches, or whether having the Copilot AI enabled has negatively impacted the algorithm. Nevertheless, it states, "Earn up to 50 points per day, 5 points per search. Earning starts with your third search." It sounds conditional now.

Here is another update. I've managed to regain Level 2 status, and I am still capped at 30 points, even though I have done plenty of searches on Bing today. I have also attempted Bing searches on my mobile phone and the points are not showing up on my Microsoft Rewards.

This is getting an unpleasant feeling, because I KNOW my search history is being used, and I intentionally allow my search data to be used in exchange for Microsoft Rewards, but now I am deeply unincentivized to continue with Bing unless this bug, or "feature", is fixed. 

andrewlee1982_0-1708445706592.png

@andrewlee1982 

Hi there Andrew,

I've also been pondering about this 'thing' for a while and have finally come to the issue at hand:

I believe Microsoft has implemented a new feature where there is a cool down for searches, so you cannot just simply spam it like before, rather you have to wait for 3-5 seconds I believe. I have tested this and this is correct, you just need to wait a few seconds(be generous) and search again. 

Hope this helps :)