reply sent "on behalf" with bcc does not appear in Inbox

Deleted
Not applicable

Hi all,

Problem:

Assistant replies to mail for her boss "on ´behalf". To ensure that the boss is aware of the mail, she puts him (the boss) in bcc. So he will see it in his inbox.

If the original mail is in any subfolder (not inbox), the incoming "bcc reply" is directly moved to the folder where the original mail is located.

I already ensured tht the Option "When replying to a message that is not in the Inbox, save the reply in the same folder" is not checked.

Any ideas to avoid this or hints to realize the setting that a mail, sent "on behalf" will appear in inbox of the "boss" without having him in any visible address field of the mail?

Thanks

Roman

4 Replies

This doesn't strike me as the correct behavior, but just in case can you explain how exactly is the assistant accessing the messages/mailbox? Are they perhaps getting confused by the Conversations view or similar?

Adding @Diane Poremsky as the expert on Outlook :)

So the problem is on the boss's mailbox? If he uses a rule to move messages or used the 'always move messages in this conversation' option, the behavior is expected. 

Hi all,

thanks for the fast reaction.

Yes, it happens on the bosses mailbox. There is no rule and we are not in a conversation view.

The behaviour is exactly like as if the option "When replying to a message that is not in the Inbox, save the reply in the same folder" was set, but it isn't.

Maybe I will try to set up a rule saying ("If my address is in bcc, move message to inbox")

Also I will have to try whether the same happens if the users address is in cc or to.

And I will have to check if the mail moves back automatically when dragged to inbox.

I just remember that I had a similar problem with mails moved to spam. This happened because there was asetting in the smretphone to move special mails to spam. Maybe there is a smartphone setting causing this reaction.

I'll keep you updated.

>> not in a conversation view.
The 'always move messages in this conversation' doesn't use the conversation view - its a Move option that creates a hidden rule to move messages in the conversation.
Screenshot of menu: https://www.screencast.com/t/5t8cd6qVL - its also on the right-click context menu.