I'd like to remove emails containing someone's personal phone number across all you users in the company.
I started off by creating a content search here:
and called it xx_remove_phoneno
Which finds the emails I'd like to delete.
I then ran: New-ComplianceSearchAction -SearchName "xx_remove_phoneno" -Purge -PurgeType HardDelete
This removed some emails but not all of them. It's been a few days now and if I run:
Get-ComplianceSearchAction -Identity "xx_remove_phoneno_Purge" | Select-Object SearchName,Results,Errors
I see Purge Type: HardDelete; Item count: 21; Total size 6193056;
and the location of mailboxes where they remain.
So not all the emails have been deleted.