Proposal for a software to train and enable essay writing

Copper Contributor

Background: Language is created for communication, which is mostly conducted either orally or in writing. Although essay writing has formed a fundamental part of education, the way that schools and universities have been teaching about essay writing is far from ideal. This is evidenced not only by the fact that among thousands and millions of language graduates from various universities worldwide each year, few become truly successful and high impact writers and authors, but also by the reality that many graduates of other disciplines find it difficult to efficiently and convincingly report their work and research in writing.

In the age of artificial intelligence, essay writing should be part of a routine that helps generate high quality essays and reports with minimal fusses. The essay writing software proposed here will train users on how to write essays and reports, and enable them to express their thoughts and ideas in a highly efficient manner, just like computer that has eliminated tedious tasks of manual calculation from our daily life. Ultimately, this essay writing software will revolutionize language education in schools and universities throughout the world.

Approach: The proposed essay writing software builds on several key writing rules I have worked out over many years of writing. In essence, this software simulates the way a good essay writer approaches, and directs users’ thoughts to where it should be and allows users to apply words and phrases they know well and also words and phrases they probably know but are unable to think of when needed most. As a consequence, users of this software will gain insights on how effective essay writing is done and be confident to write good essay even without the software (similar to doing calculation with pen), or continue to use the software for efficiency and convenience (similar to doing calculation with computer). I envisage that the proposed essay writing software will have different editions that specifically cater for primary/ secondary students, undergraduates and postgraduates (for whom effective scientific writing is a necessity). Initially, the proposed software will focus on English essay writing, and later expand to other languages. 

Proposal. I am writing to see if any people with relevant software development skills are interested in transforming the ideas into a prototype essay writing software, which will one day become a vital part of artificial intelligence development.

3 Replies
Actually, I think we will see fewer and fewer human-made essays in the near future, and it's a pity. I mean, I don't want AI to replace everyone and everything. Sorry for bumping the old thread, but it seems like it's the truth.

This article raises a significant concern regarding the existing approach to essay writing education and highlights the potential for technology, exemplified by platforms like http://writepapers.com, to bring about transformative change. It's evident that many students face challenges in honing effective writing skills, which are vital not only in academics but also in various professional fields. The proposal to develop an essay writing software that not only assists in the writing process but also educates users on the nuances of effective writing is indeed intriguing. This kind of innovation has the potential to benefit students of all levels, from primary and secondary education to undergraduates and postgraduates, ultimately revolutionizing language education worldwide. It's exciting to envision such a tool becoming an integral part of artificial intelligence development, promising a brighter future for writers and learners alike.

@abigailwoods Some people now believe that new services based on AI are substitutes for all services, but I believe that this is not the case because an online essay writer who will be a real person will be much better, for example https://essaynerds.com/ will write a unique text at a time when the chatgpt itself will write about 50-60% uniqueness