Outlook is dumping all of my e-mails

Copper Contributor

Greetings, everyone,

Can I start by saying that we are a very small charity in the UK and have no access to tech support apart from online. Although I have a reasonable knowledge of computers I would say that my level of technical knowledge is on the lower side so please be gentle with me!

I have a business e-mail and a personal e-mail both coming into two folders in Outlook 365.

I have been using Outlook 365 for some months. My personal e-mail address is ron@(my surname).com  and the domain name is "owned" by my cousin. When we were setting it up he described it as ............. "Under the hood I use Google Workspace with the domain xxxxxxxx.com". This has been working fine for quite a number of months now.

This is only happening on my personal e-mail address, not my business address. I changed my address back in April and it has been working fine since then. It is only recently that the problem has occurred. I currently have a redirect on my old address to my new one.

About a week or so ago, I opened Outlook as I do every morning and it opened to my inbox. There were all of my e-mails (opened and unopened) when, suddenly, my entire inbox disappeared in front of my eyes and a "We didn't find anything to show here" message appeared at the top of the screen. I subsequently found out that (what appears to be) the entire inbox had been moved to the "Bin" folder. I moved everything back, only for the same thing to happen again the next time I opened Outlook. Now, just to be particularly annoying, this is happening some mornings (say, one in three) but not every time I open Outlook.

As you can imagine, this is extremely frustrating and any suggestions as to what has gone wrong would be warmly welcomed. To the best of my knowledge, I haven't changed any settings anywhere.

I have no idea whether it is of an relevance but when I send an e-mail Outlook appears to save two copies of the same message into my “Sent items” folder.

If anyone needs further information please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

0 Replies