Office 365 deploy through Google Apps

Copper Contributor

From what I've read on the web it should be possible to deploy office 365 from google apps.

However, there doesn't seem to be much documentation on this process. Has anyone successfully done this? Or is aware of the proper procedure to do this?  Any insight would be much appreciated. Or would this be something considered to check on google's end? Unfortunately their documentation seems to be very scarce on this so was hoping a) either someone here has been through this before or b) can point me in a direction where I can get more information on this.

Basically our organization is looking to keep our office 365 still in place, but deliver it via google apps because we use G-suite (including gmail), and wouldn't be using outlook but would still want some form of sso where we could publish it to a user without having to create another account say for ex. (in azure)

Thanks

Luke

4 Replies
(Not helpful, but...) wow, this sounds terrible to me

There are probably some good resources on co-existence, but delivering one competitor through another doesnt seem like a thing to me.
AFAIK, what you can do is just e-mail co-existence between Google and Office 365 so Google is your main e-mail services and Office 365 just a receiver of e-mails coming to Google...I don't think you are going to be able to have SSO here

https://support.google.com/a/answer/6363817?hl=en

I guess this was more what i was referring too, so they could authenticate using their work gmail to access office 365 products

Of course I could find the link after i post this.

I was looking for more details on that, but looks like it's a google related thing, not microsoft, so probably not much help here in this instance.

thanks for you replies!

I am not here to push a product but I know BitTitan has a full coexistence between Office 365 and GSuite. They have a translation engine that will translate calendar coexistence between the two services. Email flow is just a matter of setting up forwarders or creating contacts. 

I have helped multiple customers with this, small and very large (40K+) seats ... 

If you would be interested in this, check out sales@Bittitan.com. It is not a free tool, just as a fyi