Microsoft 365 Business Basic and Office Professional 2021

Copper Contributor

Hello community,

due to cost reduction I want to restructure the Microsoft365 environment of my company (small company with only 5 employees) a bit and hope to find someone here who had and implemented a similar (or even the same) project as I am planning.

I would like to switch from Microsoft 365 Business Premium to Microsoft 365 Business Basic due to the costs, there are only the apps available on the web, I now have the question of whether I can, for example, with a local installation of Office Professional 2021 on the clients, combine the apps with Microsoft 365 Business Basic (here it is primarily about Outlook) so that I come close to the range of functions of Microsoft 365 Business Standard. What restrictions would there be when combining Microsoft 365 Business Basic and Office Professional 2021?

I thank you for your support, tips and also suggestions so that I can implement my project cost-effectively, I am grateful for any experience!

2 Replies

@BigFoot98 

You have to take into consideration that MS365 Premium have these features that MS365 Basic doesn't have Microsoft 365 Business Premium | Microsoft 365:

• Intune
  • Azure Information Protection
  • Microsoft Defender
  • Azure Active Directory Premium P1

So, if you were using these then they will stop working, if not, ignore this part.

Now about office applications these are the supported for connecting to Microsoft 365 services Office versions and connectivity to Microsoft 365 services - Deploy Office | Microsoft Learn:

Microsoft 365 appsSupported as long as you use a supported version.
Office LTSC 2021October 13, 2026
Office 2019October 10, 2023
Office 2016October 10, 2023

Any other question please feel free to ask @BigFoot98