Frustrated Over Forced Teams Installation

Copper Contributor

To the Microsoft Teams, team. I've uninstalled Microsoft Teams about 10 times now, and you keep forcibly restarting my system and reinstalling this platform which I do not want to use! 

I need a way to be able to disable this thing! I do not want it constantly popping up! 

I'm disappointed that Microsoft would make this an option that must be used, when I'm a single entity that does not need it. 

Please provide me with a way to disable or quiet this thing so its not in my face all the time... 

Thank you! 

7 Replies

@adam deltinger 

Thank you for the information. I'll have to wait until I have the time to sit down and actually do this. I was hoping Microsoft would be friendly and actually allow us to uninstall features we don't want. I didn't realize I would have to code my own install script. There was a time when a good old fashioned request to uninstall worked. And the only thing that didn't live up to that standard of professional character, we called a virus... 

Those days are gone! But its rather easy and no coding skills are required :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the links you sent me showed me setting up a script that gave me varying options on installation control? Those varying methods required rewriting the install file... Correct? Or did I miss something? 

@adam deltinger 

Here's what I found. If I wanted to exclude, I would need to use Deployment tool and add this .xml file info to configuration.xml file....

"<Configuration>

<Add OfficeClientEdition="64" Channel="Monthly">

<Product ID="O365ProPlusRetail">

<Language ID="en-us" />

<ExcludeApp ID="Teams" />

</Product>

<Product ID="VisioProRetail">

<Language ID="en-us" />

</Product>

<Product ID="ProjectProRetail">

<Language ID="en-us" />

</Product>

<Product ID="LanguagePack">

<Language ID="de-de" />

</Product>

</Add>
</Configuration>
"

@adam deltinger 

Yeah, basically all you need is to put teams under exclude:

There are tools online to help you out too with the configuration.xml, just google it :)