SOLVED

Features to Tenant

Brass Contributor

Is there any way to tell when new features actually hit your tenant?  I see Tweets and Posts about features and new capabilities, but when you look in your tenant a lot of the times these features aren't there.

I see the message center notifications and read them plus I know you can't give an exact time when a feature will hit your tenant, but it would be nice to know.

4 Replies
Afaik there is no way of telling except when you actually see them in your tenant!! Keep reading the message center and keep yourself updated for information and then just wait til you get them!

Yeah, what Adam said :) I took someone's idea and created a Plan that had all the new announcements I am interested in  - created buckets 'Announced', 'Ready for Testing', and 'It is Here'. Then as I have time  (usually Friday afternoons) I look through everything and give it a test to see if it's available yet. 

It can be frustrating at times, but I'd rather have it like this than have to wait for 6 months to a year for new features.

Thanks for the info.  I figured that was the answer I was going to get, but figured I'd ask.

I would be interested in how you created the plan as that sounds like a neat idea to track this.

best response confirmed by Greg Zygadlo (Brass Contributor)
Solution

I've got a Team called 'Office 365 Training' that's public to the organization. In the General channel I created a tab using Planner and called it 'Office365 New Features'.

I've attached a pic of what I've got.NewFeaturesPlanner.PNG

Buckets - Announced, Ready for Testing, It's Here!, and On the Horizon.

The horizon bucket are things I've picked up from blog posts and other places - no formal announcement but I know it's something that's going to change.

My labels are Teams, Adminstrator, Office365, Planner, OneDrive, SharePoint Online since those are the usual things I want to filter on.

For an announced task, I put the due date of when the feature is supposed to be GA if I can guess it or the announcement says. 

Those are the items I check every now and then to see if they're available.

If they are, I give it a start date of 'today', and drag it over to the Ready for Testing bucket - maybe assign it to someone. I might add a checklist on steps to test.

When I think it's ready for training, I'll move it to 'Its Here', and maybe add an image of what it looks like.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Greg Zygadlo (Brass Contributor)
Solution

I've got a Team called 'Office 365 Training' that's public to the organization. In the General channel I created a tab using Planner and called it 'Office365 New Features'.

I've attached a pic of what I've got.NewFeaturesPlanner.PNG

Buckets - Announced, Ready for Testing, It's Here!, and On the Horizon.

The horizon bucket are things I've picked up from blog posts and other places - no formal announcement but I know it's something that's going to change.

My labels are Teams, Adminstrator, Office365, Planner, OneDrive, SharePoint Online since those are the usual things I want to filter on.

For an announced task, I put the due date of when the feature is supposed to be GA if I can guess it or the announcement says. 

Those are the items I check every now and then to see if they're available.

If they are, I give it a start date of 'today', and drag it over to the Ready for Testing bucket - maybe assign it to someone. I might add a checklist on steps to test.

When I think it's ready for training, I'll move it to 'Its Here', and maybe add an image of what it looks like.

View solution in original post