Contacts Displaying Issue

Deleted
Not applicable

Hello everyone,

I have a user who is having a bit of an issue.

She has 2 contacts, we'll say Jim and Bob. When she goes to view Jim's contact card, it displays Bob's name with Jims picture. When she types in Jims email, bobs name fills the text box but with the correct email address. I had her remove both contacts and readd them, that did not work.

I do not fiddle with contacts very often so I am lost by this and could not find anything on google that would help me.

any ideas?

1 Reply

Hey @Deleted,

Are these contacts local contacts in her outlook?

Contacts she is seeing in delve in O365?

You can verify this pretty easily by seeing if they exist in OWA (outlook for the web). If they do, then that data is stored in O365. It is perhaps being synced up from your AD, or has some incorrect data loaded for the users there).

If it is on the server, and everyone else looks right by hers wrong, you could for an offline address book update by going to the send/receive tab -> send receive groups -> download offline address book

Finally if its not the above, than it is likely her local outlook, and you should be able to manually edit information on a client level to try to resolve the issue. It sounds like you tried that, and its still wrong, so my guess is they are syncing from somewhere (hence the above).

Adam