Community Support Options

Copper Contributor

Can someone explain the community support options to me? I am totally confused. There appears to be at least a couple options: 1) answers.microsoft.com and 2) techcommunity.microsoft.com. Which one should you use when you have a question? Are they totally separate? Should one post a question in both places?

If you start at the techcommunity.microsoft.com URL, is there a way to get to the individual discussion groups (e.g., Excel). I couldn't find a link to the individual groups on that page. There are discussions shown on that page but I don't know if it is displaying all of the discussions in all of the groups or what.

Any explanation would be appreciated or point me to a page that explains it all. I'm not even sure what label to use to post this question, so I probably picked the wrong one. Thanks.

1 Reply

@Bruce_Wiland 

Thank you for the valuable input, please refer below for the response from answer.microsoft.com:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/what-is-techcommunitymicrosoftcom/8a75c013-91...