App Launcher One Tab and No Ellipses

Deleted
Not applicable

We are experiencing an issue with the App Launcher. Currently there is only one Tab "Home" in IE and Chrome. Additionally, the ellipses are gone so no ability to pin anywhere any more. I have spun up a test DEV tenant from my MSDN and it is having the same issue. We currently have a ticket into Microsoft but wanted to check here to see if there are similar results since I could be waiting months for Microsoft to deal fix this.

24 Replies

Well, we do get a different versions of it with the different apps. Here are screens from the portal and OWA that illustrate the issue:

AppLauncherIssuenew.png

We used to have the Home, New, and All tabs across all browsers but no longer have that option. As I stated before, we have no ellipses to pin, unpin, or resize as we once did. Do you have that? When I go to OWA I have the same App Launcher as I do within Sharepoint and the Portal.Office.Com admin site. Finally, on IE 11 there is no option at the bottom for All Apps.

The App Launcher experience should be the same across any of the Office 365 Apps no matter the browser you use :( @Anne Michels FYI

As we all know, should is a fairly relative term when discussing Office 365 functionality. @Juan Carlos González Martín...do you see multiple tabs and the ellipsis in your environment(s)?

In my case I'm not seeing this problem in three of the tenants I manage

@Juan Carlos González Martín Can you provide your tenant versions?  We are on 15.1.860.15.

Same with us, the only difference with your picture we have 3 tabs and ellipses on Admin and nothing of that on other apps (however, didn't check all of them)

Adding @Tom Batcheler to help with this

Just checked this and I'm on version 15.1.860.13

Did some fairly extensive testing today and it appears to be browser related or a combination of the Tenant Version and various browsers. I started with a laptop fresh from HP in order to eliminate our GPO or any IE specific settings from giving false results. This laptop had Windows 7 installed on it. The version of IE was 11.0.9600.18124. When I logged in while on my network as well as wireless everything worked correctly and had the three tabs and the ellipses. On newer versions of IE and Chrome it did not function correctly. Installed the latest version of Firefox and everything works fine. Updated IE 11 to the latest version 11.0.9600.18537 and it no longer worked.

In Windows 10 I saw mixed results. I actually had a computer on the latest version of IE11 in Windows 10 and 50% of the time it worked and 50% it didn't.

And what do you know...miraculously the App Launcher is working correctly today in IE 11 and Chrome. Anyone else seeing this?

We've been seeing this same issue for going on two weeks. Seems to come and go. I was able to get around the issue for awhile by clearing the local cache, but it always would creep back. Thursday and Friday seemed better, but I'm getting more reports of the issue today.

We have also been seeing this for a number of weeks . Again solved by clearing cache but only temporarily. Looking for a permanent fix as planning on deploying apps via azure ad, so need this to be working soon.

Checked right now. Correct behaviour is only for Mail, no ellipses and short top menu for some other apps i checked. Same for IE, Edge, Opera and Vivaldi. Other words no changes.

Strange I've had a couple of users in the past few minutes that stopped by my desk where I saw that the App Launcher absolutely wouldn't load correctly for anything on the Exchange side (OWA, People, Calendar), but as soon as they navigated to the the SharePoint side (OneDrive, Sites) the Launcher loaded correctly. Is that what you are seeing?

Yes, something simular, but behaviour on concrete apps is different from yours. As i remeber it didn't work at all in Admin Center; worked correctly for Mail; limited functionality for Delve and SharePoint. Didn't check the rest. Perhaps it depends on in which physical clouds we are located.

Any word back from Microsoft on this yet? Has anyone heard anything?   If you put a ticket in on this, what did you submit it under? @Tom Batcheler I've see you reply on other App Launcher messages, do you still work with this product team?

What i see today - works as expected in Admin center and EXO related apps; limited functionality on SPO related apps. Same story as with Skype status icon which is discussed here in separate thread.

Hey All, Looking into this for you. There are a range of different factors in play, so want to make sure I have a concrete answer for you. Stay tuned.