App Launcher - Icons of Productivity tools don't respond and show 'Setting up...'

Steel Contributor

We're using Office365 for a year now. All the tiles in the App Launcher were functioning as expected and we could easily create new Word, Excel & PPT documents. Since yesterday though the productivity tools are grey, show 'Setting up...' and don't respond when we click them.

Any idea what's going on?

Does it have something to do w/t new App Launcher that will be deployed? 

3 Replies

Interesting, does this happen for all users or only few? If you can reproduce it reliably, open a support case!

Not seeing that issue on my tenants

Hi Vasil, I can't confirm yet that this is happening for all our 5K users.

In the mean time I found a post from Mr. Rene Yu.

Unfortunately this is not applicable for at least 2 users.

Hi Everyone, This issue was posted to the Service Health Dashboard (SHD) as incident MO76799 starting at Wednesday, September 7, 2016, at 3:30 AM UTC. The user experience of this incident is: The current impact is isolated to users that have an active Microsoft Office Online license without an active SharePoint Online or OneDrive for Business license. Users in this configuration will see application tiles displaying 'Setting up'. Previously, Admins for Office 365 educational tenants may have received errors when assigning licenses that contained duplicate Microsoft Office Online service plans via PowerShell. For example, license assignment would've failed when both Office 365 educational for Students and Office Pro Plus for Students were assigned to the same user. Tenant administrators can view current information and updates on SHD at the link here, https://portal.office.com/admin/default.aspx#@/ServiceStatus/ServiceStatusHistory.aspx. If you are experiencing a similar issue and do not see an SHD post, please let us know by sharing your tenant information via Private Message (PM) as this may indicate either a scoping issue or an independent problem. I will be closing this thread for further posting in order for affected customers to easily identify the information here. You may subscribe to this thread or refer to SHD for the updated information. I will also post back here once the issue has been resolved on SHD. @Helen Stanley