Accessing anonymous links

Copper Contributor

Periodically when employees of our organization provide anonymous access to files or folders, the end user for whom this file is provided appears an error 403 or a form for requesting access to the file / folder. If you open the link in anonymous browser mode, in this case, the file / folder is opened.

We created a ticket in support, but got a response about clearing the browser cache or using anonymous mode.

Yes, it could save us, but from the point of view of using this tool for business, we can`t at every file sharing to the client ask him to clean the cache or open our links in anonymous mode.

Perhaps someone faced this problem and has a solution for it?

4 Replies
This is usually cause when people in your org are logging into personal hotmail / Microsoft accounts such as skype etc. before clicking on these links and those sessions are cached in their browser so it tries to access those links as their other non Tenant accounts. usually you can tell by having the users getting this look at the top right and click their picture / name to see if it's matching up to what your expecting, usually that's been the case when i've seen this going on.

Links are sent to our customers, we can not ask them to do any actions. Imagine the situation, I'm sending client layouts or a report on the work done and at the same time I send him instructions for the whole quest, try to open in incognito, clean the cache, see if you are logged into live account. This is not serious.

Oh you said anonymous links. I was referring to specific people links. Anonymous shouldn’t matter. Sorry. Was just talking with someone else about it and got confused ;).

I agree anon links should just work regardless.

Now, are people forwArding links around or something In your case? What I’ve have happen often is someone will use an anon link to get into a file. Then they will turn around and copy the URL of the file they are in and try to send that to someone else which will cause problems. I wish when you accessed links they didn’t redirect. Pretty sure this happens with anon links too I need to check it could be specific links.

Yeah, i know about problem with copying URL from opened link, but in our case the problem with links access to which is done correctly. Today l`ll try to reproduce this bug and let you know with screen shot and link to file.