365 installer replicates

Copper Contributor

I had 365 installed on my Lenovo ThinkStation as part of a mirror transfer from a failing laptop.  I was unhappy with the Outlook configuration and it looked like the easiest fix would be to uninstall and reinstall 365.  The uninstall worked fine.  I then downloaded the 365 installer, which only took half a minute or so, but when it started to run, the installer window started to replicate itself every few seconds.  The only way to stop it is to restart.  I tried it a couple of times, same thing; I tried deleting the downloaded file (and removing it from the recycle bin) and doing it again, same thing, so it's not a corrupted install file.  I am using Norton antivirus, turned off during this operation.

1 Reply

Hey @bbrooke 

We've seen some weirdness with Office 365 not installing properly after a uninstall; sometimes although it says Office was uninstalled there are bits that remain which stops an install.

We normally run the uninstaller tool which helps 9 times out of 10

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Uninstall-Office-from-a-PC-9dd49b83-264a-477a-8fcc-2fdf5dbf...

The version of 365 you had installed originally - where was it installed from? (click to run, store etc?)