Smarthost Send Connector in Edge Server

Copper Contributor

My org is using multiple Exchange On-premise servers and Exchange Edge servers.

Plus, I am trying to set a 3rd-party Outbound Mail Security System which can be deployed when users send email to external recipients.

1. Original Outbound Mail Flow

(1) User writes mail

(2) Exchange On-prem Server delivers the mail to Edge Server

(3) Edge Server delivers the mail to the external recipient through the internet mail send connector.

2. What I am trying to do

(1) User writes mail

(2) Exchange On-prem Server delivers the mail to Edge Server

(3) Edge Server delivers the mail to a 3rd-party Outbound Mail Security System through the smarthost send connector.

(4) 3rd-party Outbound Mail Security System delivers the mail to the external recipient.

However, there are several issues that I am struggling to address and I need a hand.

Let's say that my org is using 5 domains in the tenant (aaa.com, bbb.com, ccc.com, ddd.com, eee.com.)

Is it possible to make certain mails from aaa.com and bbb.com delivered to the 3rd-party Outbound Mail Security System while other mails from ccc.com, ddd.com and eee.com delivered straight to the recipients?

(Well, I think that it can be possible when I make multiple connectors and rules.

)

This may be like this.

1. Mails (From : aaa.com and bbb.com)

- Mailbox → Exchange Server → Edge Server → (connector) → 3rd-party Outbound System → Recipient

2. Mails (From : ccc.om, ddd.com and eee.com)

- Mailbox → Exchange Server → Edge Server → Recipient

Please give me a hand..

2 Replies

@yonjun 

Yes, it is possible, I recalled my past experience using send connector to design whether the Email flow to Symantec EV or not

@Kidd_Ip

Hi, thanks to your reply!
May I ask how you designed the connector and the transport rules?

I wonder if it is possible to make some of the domains delivered to the send connector (not all of the domains.)